What do I need to register my child with the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic School Board?

The following documents are required for your child's registration:

  • Proof of age (birth certificate)
  • Parent or child's Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (Elementary only)
  • Updated immunization records
  • Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
  • Proof of address
  • Educational records, if available
  • Registration Form

My child is not baptized; can he/she still attend a Catholic School?

If your child is in Elementary school, the child, or the parent/guardian of the child must be baptized. Consideration for an exception may only be made through the Superintendent of Education.

Students in Secondary school do not need to be baptized.

We are moving, what school will my child attend?

Please contact our Planning Department at (705) 722-3555 ext., 252 for school boundary information. You may also click on the link below and search for your new address:


  • Once your address has been found, Double click on the property
  • A "Property Information" window will appear on your screen
  • Click on the "Schools" tab - the Catholic elementary and secondary schools for your selected address will be listed.

What area does my school serve?

Visit Our Schools link and click on the school you wish to know more about. Each school has a link to their own boundary maps.

How do I change my tax support to the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board?

If you wish to change your tax support, you will need to fill out the Direction of School Support Form and forward it to the Planning Department at our main CEC office:

46 Alliance Boulevard
Barrie, ON L4M 5K3
Attention: Barb Fox

If you require additional information, please call (705) 722-3555 Ext. 252

I would like to use the facilities at a school. How can I do this?

We have developed some guidelines to help determine how and when our facilities are used. Nominal fees will be charged so that we are able to effectively cover our operating costs. Please visit the Using our Facilities section of our website for additional information about fees, policies and application information or contact our Board Permit Office at (705) 722-3559, ext. 260.

I am a former student and require my transcript. How do I obtain this?

You will be able to obtain your transcript by contacting the high school you last attended. During the summer months, graduates may contact the summer school office at (705) 722-3555 Ext. 331.

Please visit the transcript request section of the website for more information.

Is my child eligible for transportation to/from school?

In order to receive school vehicle transportation to and from school, students must live at least 1.6 KM away from the school at the Elementary level and 3.2 KM away at the Secondary level.

To find out if you are eligible, please visit the Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium and enter your location information.

For additional help, please contact the Transportation Consortium directly at (705) 733-8965.

I have concerns about the new Health and Physical Education curriculum. Where can I get more information about what my child will be learning?

Please visit the Institute for Catholic Education for more information about grade specific learning expectations for the new health and physical education curriculum.

I need before/after childcare for my child. Does our school provide this service?

There are a number of schools throughout our board that work with community partners to offer childcare programs on site. Some of the schools participate in the province of Ontario's Best Start Program, some are offering programs as part of the province's Full Day Kindergarten program and others have independently operated childcare facilities on-site.

Visit the childcare information section of our website. There, you can find contact information and hours of operation for schools in SMCDSB.

I am interested in becoming a volunteer with SMCDSB. How can I do this?

Parent volunteers are one of a school’s greatest resources. Taking an interest in your child’s school as a volunteer is beneficial for a number of reasons. Our volunteers help organize events, raise money and assist teachers in classrooms. They help schools achieve goals, enhance educational experiences and plan for the future. 

Speak to your school’s principal and check out the Volunteering section of our website for more information about requirements and ways you can volunteer!

What kind of French program is offered with the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board?‚Äč

Our French as a Second Language program is offered beginning in Grade 1 and continues to Grade 8. A wide range of courses are available at the secondary level - Grades 9 to 12. This provides our students with the advantage of learning French at an earlier age, making it easier to communicate and participate effectively in the workplace and the global community. 

For more information, please visit the FSL section of our website.

What types of jobs are available with Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board?

There are a wide range of employment opportunities at the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board. To learn more about the types of positions in each of these categories, as well as application requirements, please visit the career section of our website.

Can my child attend a different Catholic school outside of our designated boundary area?

Changing schools will require a boundary exemption from the Superintendent of Education. A number of factors such as school capacity may influence the decision. Please know that transportation will not be  provided to students outside of school boundaries.